Sunday, September 14, 2014

But what if I fall?


Anyone can attest to my lack of commitment to things. I'm on a constant quest to find my talent and it's not a very fair one. 

I pick up hobbies and drop them quickly after realizing I'm not an instant virtuoso. The list is pretty intense:

Viola
Choir
Dance (I loved it but then kids happened)
Making bows
Making dolls
P90X (loved it but an hour a day to listen to Tony Horton "motivate" me?)

This blog. 

I see these bloggers with followers galore and hundreds of comments about how the reader is utterly INSPIRED! Forget Negative Nancy. I've got Confidence Killer Kathy in my brain. 

"You can't write a blog. Everyone and their dog has a blog these days. There is literally a show called Dog With A Blog. What makes you think that YOU have anything to say that could possibly affect anyone in any way? Just let it gather internet dust and forget you even tried."

Now, I've always been very fickle with my interests, but it's become more of a fear of failure and less of a "this is boring". 

To be more Kate, I'm posting again. And it'll probably only have a couple likes and comments on Facebook. From my mom. But you know what? At least I tried. How many people can say that? How many people want to try but they're afraid to fail?

But oh my dear, what if you succeed?


P.S. I'm still trying to find my one true talent that instantly clicks and I'm a master in one afternoon. So far the only thing I've succeeded at in this endeavor is my ability to put off housework to the point that literally every fork, spoon, and knife is dirty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment