Friday, January 6, 2017

New Year, New You


Ah, 2017. How wonderful to see you!

Thanks for getting rid of 2016, he was  the WORST  interesting

New Year's Resolutions are upon us and the number of Facebook and Instagram posts I see about them are inspiring.

Going vegan? 
Cool!
Exercising more?
Werk!
Being more appreciative of the world around you?
Holler back!

But, Kate, what are YOUR resolutions?

Oh, you know, same old same old.

Be healthier
Be kinder
Be smarter
Be fabulous

BUT!

I added a new one today.

I'm having an awful day and it's only 10 am.
Kill me.

Fighting kids, no energy, headache, exhausted, hungry but nothing sounds good, tired, kids are still fighting, etc.

Someone said something so ridiculously innocent online, but I feel like they caught me trying to poison their family. Like, not even a hint of malice behind it yet I'm marching myself to the gallows of our friendship.

It's a day.

It's not even Thursday.

I also can't focus, apparently...

New resolution!

I'm resolving to be me. To do things that I want to do. By myself. For myself. Everyone else be damned, because if you don't like Hamilton you're damned anyway.


JK, babe, JK 

I need to sit down and really think and make a list of things I like to do, watch, read, eat, listen to, create. These are things I've pushed to the back of my mind for so long, I'm going to need that giant asteroid drill from Armageddon to dig them out.

And I don't wanna miss a thaaaang

Once I have my list completed to my satisfaction, I'll post it here. As I do things from the list, I'll post about it.

Hopefully over the course of the year it'll lift me out of Mom Funk as I begin to rediscover the things I like.

So 2017, let's start with a giant, confetti filled high five of determination!

and a Dr. Pepper...seriously, I'm so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment