Monday, March 20, 2017

These Boots Were Made For Walkin'


My list I posted the other day has me all kinds of motivated to do stuff.

When I get motivated, it's REALLY hard to stop me.

Example?

Sewing.

I started teaching myself how to sew and it's been an adventure*

*by adventure I mean me cussing, throwing things, leaving pins on the floor, and kneeling in front of the sewing machine using the push button start and stop because one time I sneezed while sewing and hit the pedal which turbo boosted the machine and almost broke it. I also call my mom a lot.

I have a hard time starting a sewing project and putting it down before it's finished.

I get my momentum going and I. Just. Can't. STOP.

Apparently I also can't stop once I get on a ridiculous tangent.

That's basically this whole blog...one big off topic tangent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm motivated.

My next post to check off my list is about buying something unnecessary for myself and not feel bad about it.

Enter the booties.

Black booties were tres chic this past fall and winter.
I coveted them.

I seem to have this radar for insanely expensive things.

The only ones I liked were $100+

Not happenin'

I gave up my search this year and decided to try again next fall.

I wandered into a TJ Maxx searching for a white button up shirt that was less than $30 (still searching btw) and decided to look at the shoes.

There they were.

Black booties.


Perfection.

My size.

$30.

<SOLD>

The battle that ensued, y'all.

It was the battle of five armies in my head:

1. Budget
2. Mom Guilt
3. Whatevs
4. Indecision
5. Independent Woman

Budget started in with "we need to save money."
Mom Guilt backed it up with "You could spend $30 getting summer clothes for the kids."
Whatevs had no real opinion because it's too tired to care.
Indecision went back and forth between what the list said to do and what Budget and Mom Guilt presented.
Independent Woman said "Mom Guilt that was a real nice declaration, we deserve a present, we got money from a book presentation! Would you like to shop with us or stay mellow doin' whatever the heck it is you doin' with green jello?"
#HamiltonParody

It was intense. For real.

Finally, Independent Woman Z Snapped and slapped those bad boys on the counter with a hair flip.


I love these shoes. They're amazingly comfortable and so versatile! I wore them for a full day of house hunting including tromping through snowy backyards and up and down treacherous 1920's staircases with no major problems. Their comfort and stylish cuteness make even the Mom Guilt nod in approval. No guilt here, yo.

Those staircases though. How did these women navigate those stairs in the dresses and shoes they wore? I mean really!

So there you go...Another list item checked off.

#Motivated

No comments:

Post a Comment