Friday, October 10, 2014

When It Rains, It Pours...a little


A few months ago we bought a truck from my brother in law. The cosmos aligned perfectly for it to happen and so husband dove in and bought the truck, flew up to utah, and drove it back home. 

Upon getting it here, we realized our state's emission requirements are much stricter than Utah. So it failed. The repairs were costly and I sighed heavily and held my breath as it became one repair after another to get the old girl seaworthy. 

We finally did and husband was in heaven in his dream truck. He tried to teach me to drive a stick, but I'm too short to comfortably and smoothly work the clutch so I handed the reigns back to him with a hearty "have fun!"

Then this last week it starts acting up again. A quick top off of oil and it settles back down.  

For a day. 

Then it dies. 

*siiiiiiiiigh* a frequent phrase from my mouth has been "this frickin truck."

Now I certainly can't blame anyone in this situation. Brother in law told us all he knew about the truck honestly and it did pass emissions in Utah. It's just one of those crappy situations that happens to everyone at some point. 

I just keep thinking "what are we supposed to learn from this? Why did everything work out SO perfectly if it was going to end up this way?"

I still don't know, but I do know when the wtf moments pile up, there's something to learn and gain from it. 

So now we have a dead truck in need of a fuel pump in the garage and husband is driving a shiny new civic that, by the mercy of God, we were approved for a decent lease.

 There's a silver lining somewhere. I know it. In the meantime, this civic is pretty sweet and I'm jealous husband gets to be the main driver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment