Saturday, September 20, 2014

What was I saying again?


You know what's awesome about blogs? Anyone can have one. 

Anyone. 

What's awesome about everyone being able to have a blog or a Tumblr or a Facebook is that everyone has a chance to share themselves. Sometimes people share things that you REALLY wish they hadn't. Sometimes people share things that are exactly what you needed to read, see, hear, whatever. The internet is so powerful that way!

This is fantastic, and also daunting. Back in the day all you had to worry about was keeping up with the Jones. 

Now you have to keep up with the Jones, the Smiths, the Johnsons, the Jingleheimerschmidts. 

That one is especially hard because whenever they go out, people shout at them in joy. People usually give me side eyes because I'm wearing two different earrings and my hair is only half done. 

What makes it hard is you see everyone else and everything GOOD that they do. Nobody blogs about the week they spent in the same pair of leggings (✔️) or the disastrous peanut butter chocolate birthday cake they made for their husband (✔️). You see the expertly coiffed hair and flawless cat eye makeup and Martha Stewart worthy dinner party. 

Ladies and gentlemen, I am not a blogger of perfection. Rarely do my Pinterest adventures end in confetti and a shiny trophy of success. It's more like a lot of cussing and "DONT TALK TO ME IM TRYING TO DO A THING!" 

I'm not even gonna go back and put apostrophes in that last sentence. 

*grammar rebel*


But while I don't have blog perfection, it's still perfect for me. Because it is me. All me. 

Well me and a screen shot of a Pinterest quote. 

As modern internet surfers, we're bombarded with everyone else's words and thoughts and ideas. It's so easy to get lost in someone's world and then look at our own cluttered counter tops and toy strewn living rooms and sigh the sigh of longing. 

"Maybe if I were a bit more organized. Then clean up would go faster and I would have more time to make something organic and healthy for dinner. Then I would feel better about myself and would be motivated to work out and do my hair and makeup and actually get dressed..." 

So you pin the things to help you be more organized. And the dinner recipes. And the hair and makeup tutorials. And the polyvore outfits. 

And then they sit there. For years. On a board that should be called "ain't nobody got time for that". 

I'm not organized. I like dinosaur chicken nuggets and Taco Bell. I cut all my hair off because I could NEVER get it to curl right and was tired of feeling like a hair failure. 

Yes you can add that to my list of things I gave up on. I gave up on hair. 

I'm so disorganized I had to scroll back up and remember what I was supposed to be writing about. This post has almost nothing to do with that quote. 

So to tie it all back to that, this is my blog. My voice. May it inspire you to find your own, but make sure it's YOURS. You don't want my voice or my story. It's disorganized and scattered and doesn't make much sense. You can't have my dance moves. They're way too sick for y'all anyway. 


No comments:

Post a Comment